To download the PayByPhone iOS App, visit the App Store and search for PayByPhone.
Our icon will have nine green dots:
- New Parking Sessions (Registered and Guest Users)
- Apple Pay
- Credit Card Capture via Camera
- Multiple Payment Methods
- iOS Widget
- Apple Watch
- Menu Options
Is Your Phone Compatible?
Minimum Operating System (OS) version supported: iOS 15.0
Minimum Operating System (OS) version supported: Android 8.0
Unsupported browsers include All Internet Explorer and Safari versions 13 and below
The (free) registration process includes a few steps to get you started!
👉 Account Signup
- Input your Phone number, Email address, and choose a password.
- Click 'Agree & Register'.
- There are three options to choose from:
- 'Accept All'
- 'Decline All'
- Click 'Info and Customize' (a great spot to review the options in more detail)
👉 Confirm Selection.
- To pay for current parking, input the location code or use our Location services (Maps, Nearby Locations) to find your spot!
👉 Add a Vehicle
- Click 'Add a new vehicle'.
- Input the 'License plate/registration', 'State/Province, 'Vehicle Type', and any description you'd like to add.
- Click the camera icon to add a photo of your vehicle (not mandatory).
- Click 'Add Vehicle'.
👉 Add a payment method
- The accepted card types that are available at the location will be displayed.
- Click 'Add payment method'.
- Add card details
- Click 'Add & Agree'
We know that you’re busy, so after you finish adding these mandatory details, each of the subsequent steps is optional and can be completed when you’re ready to use the app.
To make the process as clear as possible, there are now multiple screens dedicated to the location, duration, and payment.
👉 Launch the app
📋 NOTE: The gear icon at the top right allows you to access your account settings.
👉 Tap in the square box at the top "search by location number" or swipe up from the bottom to use the Maps Feature.
📋 NOTE: The location number displayed on the meter decal or sign poster
Parking with a Registered Account:
👉 Launch the app.
👉 From the home screen tap the Search box.
👉 You have the following options:
|Input PaybyPhone location code.
|Choose from the nearby, recent or Favourites options.
|Swipe up to interact with the Maps feature.
👉 Choose the vehicle license plate you are using:
- Select an already registered vehicle or 'Add Vehicle'.
Select a vehicle.
Add a new vehicle.
👉 Enter your duration in minutes, hours, or days (time units vary by parking operator):
- Be sure to take note of any time restraints on the space, then click 'CONTINUE'.
- If you are parking in Canada, you also have the option of using the Park Until feature.
Park Until feature
👉 Add or select a payment method:
- First time adding a card? You'll be asked to enter your email address on the payment form to receive an email receipt with parking and payment confirmation.
- Choose your payment card. Multiple cards? Tap the downward arrow next to the credit card image to select a different card.
📋 NOTE: Only card types that are accepted at the location will appear.
Use the existing card on file, or click the down arrow on the 'Paying with' to change.
|Select a different payment type already on file, or add a new one.
📋 NOTE: At any time, you can tap the location, vehicle, or cost information to jump back to edit those selections directly.
👉 To edit your request:
- Tap the back button will return you to the 'Choose Duration' page.
- Tap the 'Location tab' will return you to the 'Choose Location' stage.
- Tap the vehicle if you need to update it.
- Tap the 'Duration box' should you need to edit. Check all parking information and tap 'PAY & PARK' to confirm payment and begin your session. Please wait for the payment to finish and for the confirmation message to appear.
Parking with an Unregistered (Guest) Account:
As a Guest user, you may still park using PayByPhone but no official account will be created for you. You'll still enjoy the ease and convenience of using PayByPhone to pay for parking but limitations such as the availability of historical transactions/receipts, notifications, and account settings will not be made available to you until you register a full account. We recommend registerring for a registered account.
📋 NOTE: Guest users will not be able to access:
👉 Vehicle Management:
- You can add a vehicle from the duration screen if the vehicle is required for that parking location.
- You can switch between different vehicles from the duration screen.
- You are unable to edit or remove vehicles from their account.
👉 Payment Options:
- Add a payment method or access your list of payment cards from the parking flow.
- Unable to edit, update or remove payment cards.
👉 Notification Settings:
- Guest Users will not be able to change their notification preferences for SMS reminders, receipts (UK), and Email receipts.
If you’re running late, there’s no need to worry about getting a ticket because you can extend your parking from anywhere! It only takes a couple of clicks and a matter of seconds to extend a parking session from the main page.
👉Launch the PayByPhone app.
- Click 'Extend'.
👉Input your duration.
- Click the 'Extend Parking' button.
- Review the summary of your parking session including the cost.
👉Select your payment type.
- Click 'Pay & Park'.
👉Input your CVV number*. If paying by Apple Pay or Google Pay you will need to authenticate via Touch or Face ID.
👉Wait for the confirmation screen that your session has started!
- You will be returned to the home screen where your active session will be visible.
|1. View Transaction, Click Extend.
|2. Add Duration. Click Continue.
|3. Review details. Click Extend.
|4. Await confirmation page to appear.
|5. The new transactions will appear.
One of the major additions to the new version of the app is the ability to use Apple Pay to pay for parking where available.
If Apple Pay is enabled on the phone and if the Apple Wallet contains a payment card that is accepted at that location, the option will be available.
In a rush? You can now 'Add a credit card' to your account just by taking a photo of it!
⚠️ IMPORTANT: We don’t store any images in the app. The app merely uses the camera to read the numbers.
Easily switch between different payment methods or click 'Add Card' to file to add a new payment type.
📋 NOTE: The app will only display cards that are accepted at that location. The accepted card types will vary by operator. For example, Apple Pay, Google Pay & Amex are often unavailable.
With a simple swipe, the Today View widget provides you with an instant summary of your parking session. Click here for more information!
For users with an Apple Watch, the watch app will install automatically when you download the iOS app.
👉 Select the 'PayByPhone app' Icon
👉 Click 'Extend'
Use the + and – buttons to increase or decrease the time
👉 Click 'Calculate Cost'. You will then be shown a parking summary including:
- New expiry time
- Vehicle registration number (license plate)
👉 Select or Change the card you wish to pay with via the drop-down box.
- Click 'Extend'
- Input your CVV followed by OK *
- You will receive a notification that your parking is complete.
* For the UK Only: you may need to authenticate your payment via SMS or banking application (Strong Customer Authentication)
Please note that only accounts created via Apple Sign In are compatible with Apple Watch.
Special Note (Error 1000): This is a warning from Apple that 2-factor authentication is needed to proceed.
Registered account holders edit information and access PayByPhone's policies. Scroll below to learn about how you can do the following:
- View your recent parking history
- Add/Edit Vehicles
- Add/Edit Payment Details
- Set your country
- Review your Notifications & Privacy
- Edit your password
- Update Personal information
- Delete Account
- Use Siri Shortcuts
- Access Help & Support including our virtual assistant
- Sign Out
For the UK, menu contains some additional options.
Click the Menu Settings > Select Parking History > Review your transaction information in chronological order.
Click the Menu Settings > Select Vehicle Management > Review your list of vehicles. Click 'Add new vehicle' to add a new vehicle, or swipe right and then click 'Delete' to remove.
Click Menu Settings > Select Payment Options > Click to Add a new card OR press Edit existing cards > Input information and click Add & Review.
Click Menu Settings > Select Account Settings > Select Country Settings > Select country OR Set automatically so that the system will detect where you are.
Click Menu Settings > Select Account Settings > Click Notifications & Privacy > Review notification options and toggle to enable/disable.
📋 NOTE: Please note that SMS service fees may apply. Visit SMS fees to learn more.
📋 NOTE: You will need to scroll down on the Notificalions & Privacy page to ensure you can see all of the options.
Click Menu Settings > Select Account Settings > Security Settings > Update password by inputting the current password, New Password, and Confirm New Password.
Click Menu Settings > Select Account Settings > Select Personal information > Add & Edit as needed.
📋 NOTE: Red highlighted boxes are mandatory fields.
Click Menu Settings > Select Account Settings > Select Delete Account > Click the red 'Delete Account' button.
Click Menu Settings > Select Siri Shortcuts > Choose 1) Start a new parking session, 2) Get parking session information 3)Extend my parking session.
Click Menu Settings > Select Help & Support > Choose Help Centre or Submit Feedback.
⚠️ IMPORTANT: To contact support, choose 'Chat with Me'
Click Menu Settings > Select Sign Out. Click the Sign out button to log out of your account.
In order to register for a Visitor Permit, please follow the instructions below :
- Select Permits in the menu.
- Select Apply for a Permit.
- Select the London Borough of Ealing as the Council.
- Then from the dropdown below select the type of permit, you are applying for.
- Input your address followed by your full name and date of birth.
- Your zone will then be automatically populated.
- Click Submit.
A verification will then take place to confirm your details and eligibility to purchase visitor permits in this zone.
Once you have been verified, you will receive an email confirming that you can now purchase visitor permits.
Your eligible zone will now show in the Permit Section of your account.
To start a Visitor Permit session please watch the video or follow the steps below:
In order to purchase/renew a Premier Bay at any NCP Greater Anglia station you will first need a PayByPhone account.
In order to create an active Premier Bay session please then:
- Ensure you have your payment card and vehicles registered on your PayByPhone account.
- Complete the form here and we'll quickly get back to you to complete payment.
Registering for Auto Payments with PayByPhone is simple and can be done in just a few simple steps :