Behind the undeniable search power of some of the giants like Google, there can be unsuspected dangers. In this article, we will highlight the abusive use of brand reputation by unscrupulous advertisers to lure users to their sites, sometimes with fraudulent intentions. We provide general safeguarding information as well as some more specific content relating to verifying that you are using PayByPhone!
💡Please enjoy these tips.
🕵️♂️ Identifying the Genuine PayByPhone Service
- Look for the authentic logo: Recognize the authentic PayByPhone logo and beware of sites using similar names. PayByPhone is always written as one word with nine green squares to the left of the name:
- Be aware of terminology: The term 'Pay-by-Phone' can be a catch-all phrase referring to phone payments in general and may not necessarily be associated with our company.
- No surprise subscriptions: PayByPhone does not offer subscription services or charge without authorization.
- Stay updated: Subscribe to our New features & service updates to learn about our recent and legitimate updates.
🛡️ Our Commitment to Safety
📲 Accessing PayByPhone Safely
- Download the App: Ensure you're getting the genuine app by downloading directly from the Apple Store or Google Play Store.
- Visit our website: Access our service through our official sites: www.paybyphone.com or www.paybyphone.co.uk.
- Phone payments: Use our automated service via the number displayed on parking meters or dial 0330 400 7275 directly.
🌐 Securely Navigating the Digital Space
Understanding result types: Distinguish between sponsored (paid) and organic (natural) search results. Sponsored results may not always be the most relevant, despite their prominent position.
Checking Advertiser Identity: Verify the legitimacy of an ad by matching the advertiser's name with the company searched for. Consider factors like reviews and online reputation before interacting with the ad.
Evaluating web addresses (URLs): Confirm that the web address (URL) displayed in the ad matches the real address of the landing page. This prevents deceptive practices where the ad misrepresents the advertiser.
Here is an example of an ad that is not from PayByPhone, the red arrows point to the name of a different company (they have been blurred out in this instance).
- Using Direct Access: Opt for direct access to official sites by entering URLs (web addresses) into the browser or using app stores. This minimizes the risk of falling victim to scams or fraudulent downloads.
- Use caution with email & SMS links: Avoid clicking on links to download apps from emails or SMS messages, unless you are expecting them or they come from a verified source. If at all unsure, go directly to the official app store to search for and download the app.
- Check official App Store updates: Periodically review updates and announcements on official app stores, as they often provide information about recent scams and security measures. Many applications offer updates and security alerts on your device to receive timely information about potential threats.
- Keep up to date: Stay informed about common app scams and fraudulent practices through security-related blogs, online communities and educational resources.
- Be careful with requests for sensitive information: Be cautious if an app promises unrealistic benefits or requests sensitive information beyond its legitimate needs.
Did we miss something? Not to worry! You can have a chat and contact us through our helpful chatbot, Parker for any immediate assistance.