PayByPhone supports numerous methods of payment. Depending on where you park, you may have the option to use Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Discover, Apple Pay, Google Pay, PayPal, SMS, Twint and MNO Billing.
Unable to use one of the payment types at your location? It is possible that the parking operator has chosen to not offer your desired payment type.
MNO Billing Available on August 8th, 2023
Selecting the Payment Method
As payment types can vary, only the accepted card types for the location will appear as an option within the app.
In the example below, Visa and Amex are accepted, while Apple Pay is greyed out as it is registered as a payment type but not available for this parking operator.
👉 How do I use PayPal?
You can pay for parking in-app with PayPal in cities and locations where this payment service is active. Through your PayPal wallet, you’ll have the option to pay for parking with your credit or debit cards, or any balance.
1. In the ‘Confirm Parking’ screen, select PayPal in the menu option under ‘Paying with.
2. Confirm your full details and tap ‘Continue with PayPal’ when ready.
3. A PayPal webpage will be brought up for you to log-in and confirm your PayPal account credentials. Once you’ve logged into PayPal, select ‘Pay Now’ within the PayPal account to complete parking payment.
👉 How can I avoid entering my PayPal credentials every time?
Currently, it is not possible to save PayPal credentials within your PayByPhone user profile. However, you can avoid re-entering your PayPal credentials each time by using one of the following options:
1. You can utilize the browser/OS Auto-Save feature (on iOS it is called the Password AutoFill). This will pre-populate your username, and as soon as you touch the password field, trigger the retrieval of the previously stored password that you will have to validate with TouchID.
2 .PayPal allows you to save time from manually logging in every time you pay for parking if your device is listed as a ‘Trusted Device’*. This should be used on devices only you have access to for security reasons. You can review and revoke automatic logins in your PayPal account settings, under the ‘Security’ tab, and click on ‘Manage your logins’. From here you can select which devices you want your PayPal account to automatically sign in. This ‘Trusted Device’ option means you won’t see the PayPal log-in form each time you want to pay with PayPal.
*Note that PayPal’s ‘Trusted Device’ feature may only work depending on the web browser being used, authentication methods set up on the device, and the browser settings.
👉 Why don't I see PayPal in the list of PayByPhone payment methods?
1. PayPal may not be offered where you are parking.
2. To date, it is not possible to save PayPal credentials in your PayByPhone user profile and for this reason, by accessing the ‘Settings’ → ‘Payment methods’ section, the PayPal option is not displayed. You can use PayPal directly when paying for a transaction by selecting this payment method from the ‘Paying with’ menu available on the transaction confirmation page.
If Apple Pay is enabled on the phone and if the Apple Wallet contains a payment card that is accepted at that location, the option will be available.
You can pay for parking in-app using Google Wallet/Pay. Google Wallet/Pay is available for different cities and locations depending on where this payment service is active.
Using Google Pay, you’ll be able to pay for parking without having to enter your payment information. In addition, Google Wallet protects your payment information with multiple layers of security to help keep your account safe.
Please note that ~50% of transactions may require Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) challenge, which requires banks to perform additional checks when a consumer makes payments in order to confirm their identity.
You can pay for parking with TWINT in the PayByPhone mobile (iOS and Android) apps.
- When confirming your parking, tap on ‘Paying with’. A menu will appear to choose your preferred payment option.
- Select TWINT as your payment option.
- Authorize your payment on the TWINT App using your pin code (or if available your Apple Touch ID or Apple Face ID).
- Confirm your payment on the TWINT App by selecting the button “OK”.
When you extend your session, you will be prompted to take the above steps as well.
Parking via SMS
1. Number: Send your text message to the parking zone number or speed dial number indicated. You will find the number on the PayByPhone signage or on the PayByPhone stickers on the parking ticket machines.
2. Message & booking: in your message, enter your car registration number (written together, without spaces) and the desired parking time - separated by a colon: registration number: minutes of parking.
Example SMS for the license plate number ER-ST 123 and 60 minutes parking time: ERST123:60
IMPORTANT: You can find out which time intervals you can use in your parking zone at the parking ticket machine! A common minimum parking time is 30 minutes. For example, if you want to park for an hour, enter :60. At some locations you can also buy daily, weekly, or monthly tickets by entering:t1, :w1 or :m1.
BRÖTCHENTASTE: If available at the location, free parking time (see machine) can be booked by entering :b as the time.
EXCEPTIONS: Bad Honnef, Kulmbach, Lauf, Paderborn, Peine, Überlingen, Weißenfels and Wolfratshausen. Here, the signposted zone no. must also be entered before the licence plate number, also separated by a colon (:). Example: 3:FIRST123:30
Confirmation: As soon as you have received a confirmation SMS, your digital parking ticket is paid for and valid. Done!
MNO Billing (Mobile Network Operator) allows you to make payments and charge them to your phone bill.
👉When using your phone number to pay, the 'Early-Stop' feature is not available.
👉If your phone number has expired and needs verification, you will need to verify your phone number via SMS the next time that you try to pay.
Phone number verification via SMS:
👉 How do I use Mno Billing?
1. Add your Mno billing account into the app as a payment type.
My account -> Payment Options -> Add phone bill -> Verify your phone number & Select operator.
2. When parking, you can follow the regular procedure by inputting the location code, duration and select your vehicle. The only difference will be that you select the 'Phone Bill' option for payment.
3. Click Park & Pay.
Adding Mno Billing through 'Payment Options':
Final Transaction Confirmation Page: Be sure to select the payment type 'Phone Bill'.
👉 How do I remove Mno billing as a payment method?
To remove MNO as a billing option:
My account -> Payment Options ->Locate the Mno billing option and click 'Remove'.
👉 Can I have more than one payment type on the app?
You can have multiple payments on your account. If the location accepts MNO billing, it will appear as an option.
👉 What phone operators are accepted?
At this time, Vodaphone Germany, Telekom Germany, Telefonica Germany.
Note: If you change your operator, you will need to remove the old information and a new one via your Payment Options.
👉 What versions of the app can I use Mno Billing with?
Mno Billing will be available for use on the following app versions: