In this article:
👉 Applying for a Visitor Parking Permit
Please ensure that you have a PayByPhone account for your phone number. If not, download the iOS or Android app, or launch m2.paybyphone.co.uk.
To apply for a Visitor Permit session, please watch the video or follow the steps below:
Steps to register:
- Visit paybyphone.co.uk
- Select Permits in the menu
- Select Apply for a Permit
- Select London Borough of Ealing as the Council
- Then from the dropdown below select the type of permit you are applying for (Visitor or Business)
- Next, enter your address followed by your full name and date of birth.
- Your zone will then be automatically populated.
- Click Submit.
Note: Once your application is verified, you will receive an email confirming that you can now purchase visitor permits.
👉 Creating a session with a Visitor Permit
Once verified, your permit will show in the Permits section of your account
To start a Visitor Permit parking session, please watch the video or follow the steps below:
- Open the PayByPhone app or log in to the PayByPhone website at paybyphone.co.uk
- Select Permits from the menu.
- Select Park at the location you have been verified to use within the Permits section.
- Choose to either start a session now or schedule one to start at a later time or date.
- Enter the amount of parking time required.
- Enter the vehicle registration number of the visiting vehicle
- Click Continue
- You will be given a summary of the Resident Visitor Permit session you are booking, including time and cost. Please review.
- Select your payment method from the drop-down box.
- Click Buy Permit.
- You may be asked to enter the CVV number of your debit or credit card.
- You will receive a confirmation that your Resident Visitor Permit session is booked.
- Please check the start and end times you're given. Note: if chargeable hours are five hours apart, you may need to input six hours to cover both morning and afternoon hours. You can always go back and start again, and you can either schedule your booking or start parking immediately.
- If, for any reason, you're struggling with the app, a reinstall can be tried.
- You can also use our mobile website: https://m2.paybyphone.co.uk/permits
- For any further queries, please refer to our chatbot, Parker, who may be able to assist or can pass you to an agent, if you ask/agree and fill in your details.
👉 Business & Resident Visitor Permits FAQ
1. I believe my allocated zone is incorrect:
If believe that you have been allocated the incorrect zone, please contact our Customer Support Team via our virtual assistant Parker.
2. I have been asked to provide supporting documentation. What does this mean?
If you have been asked to provide supporting documentation it is because we have been unable to automatically verify you using the information provided or because you have not provided a date of birth. Supporting documents include bank statements, utility bills or tax documents from the past three months.
3. Can I use the service even though I don't have a mobile phone or computer?
Yes, you can. Simply call the PayByPhone Support Team on 0333 212 5586.
4. My app doesn't display the Permits option:
The app may need to install updates. Please visit either the App Store or Google Play Store and check for updates.
5. My phone doesn't support the PayByPhone app:
Some older phones and computers use operating systems that aren’t compatible with the latest PayByPhone app. If this is the case you can use the PayByPhone website, which is customised for mobile devices. Just visit www.paybyphone.co.uk
6. I can't create an account because my email address/phone number is already recognised:
You may already have created a PayByPhone account in the past, which means an account already exists. Click here to reset your password.