Fleet managers can create Driver Profiles for business accounts and authorize drivers to use a business payment method to park work vehicles.
Once your drivers and vehicles are added to your business account, drivers can do all of the following in the PayByPhone app using one set of login credentials:
- Maintain their own list of vehicles to park.
- Add or delete your business approved vehicles from their list of vehicles.
- Use a personal payment method to park personal vehicles.
- Use a business payment method to park business approved vehicles.
Please refer to the Driver Invite Experience for tips on how drivers can get started with the PayByPhone parking app.
- Add a single driver by manually adding data with the Add Single Driver
- Bulk Import drivers by uploading a .csv file containing driver data.
We recommend that you use the Bulk Import option the first time you add drivers to your account.
Adding Multiple Drivers Using Bulk Import
Step 1: Navigate to the Drivers Menu
- Select Drivers from the left-hand menu.
- Click the Bulk upload button.
Step 2: Bulk Import Driver Data
- Click Download this linked template.
- Open the downloaded file and add your driver details to the template. Include the following:
- Driver email address
- Country calling code, i.e:
- 33: France
- 44: United Kingdom
- 1: United States and Canada
- Phone number including area code
- Optional: Driver first / last name
- Save the template as a .csv file.
- Click Browse and select your .csv file.
- Click Import Data to upload your driver data to the system.
- If the import file is not in the correct .csv format, the system will provide you with an error message and ask you to try again. We recommend using either Excel or Google Sheets to edit and save .csv files.
- Phone numbers must be imported in the format:
- [country code] [subscriber number and area code]
- Our system identifies drivers by their unique phone number. If a phone number is already attributed to a driver in our system, a new driver profile will not be created and the old one will not be overwritten.
Example - How to use the .csv template
Step 3: Check Your Inbox for an Import Confirmation Email
After you have bulk imported your driver data, you will receive an email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If there are no errors, the email will say Import Succeeded.
- If there are errors, the email will say Import Failed and there will be an attachment with details on which entries failed.
Step 4: Activate Your Drivers
You can see whether drivers are activated by looking at the Drivers List in the Dashboard and checking under the Status column.
- Drivers who already have PayByPhone mobile accounts will be automatically activated during a Bulk Import. Drivers who do not have an account will have to create one before they can be activated.
- All drivers added using the Add Single Driver feature will need to be manually activated.
If a driver’s status is Inactive you can manually activate them by completing the following steps:
- Ensure that they have created a PayByPhone mobile account for themselves. The steps are outlined in our Driver Invite Experience.
- Navigate to the Drivers List in the Dashboard.
- Select the checkbox next to the name of the driver you wish to activate.
- Click Activate and a dialog box will appear.
- Click Activate.
- The driver’s status will now read Active.
Troubleshooting – Import Errors and File Formatting
How will I know if my import file had an error?
After importing the file, you will receive an error email message that identifies the row with the error. If there were no errors, you will receive an email notifying you that the import was successful.
What happens after an error?
If a row has an error in any field, that row will be skipped. No Vehicle Profile will be created for that row. The remaining rows will still be imported.
I fixed the errors in my .csv file, now what should I do?
Once the errors are corrected, you can Bulk Import again from your corrected .csv file. You can also create a Vehicle Profile using the Add Single Vehicle button.
Does it matter what program I use to edit my .csv file?
We recommend using either Excel or Google Sheets to edit and save .csv files. Files edited with a text editor rather than Excel or Google Sheets are the most common reason errors occur.
.CSV file names and formatting
- In file names DO use:
- Upper and lower case letters
- Underscores and hyphens
- In file names DON’T use:
- Special characters
- The maximum length for file names is 250 characters.
- The import file must be saved in .csv
Examples - .csv filenames
|Incompatible Filename||Corrected Filename||Error Type|
|driver data.csv||driver_data.csv||Filenames cannot contain spaces.|
Filenames cannot contain special characters.
|driverdata.xlsx||driverdata.csv||Files must have the extension .csv|