Fleet managers can create a list of business approved vehicles for drivers to park using the PayByPhone app.
Once your drivers and vehicles are added to your business account, drivers can do all of the following in the PayByPhone app using one set of login credentials:
- Maintain their own list of vehicles to park.
- Add or delete your business approved vehicles from their list of vehicles.
- Use a personal payment method to park personal vehicles.
- Use a business payment method to park business approved vehicles.
- Add a single vehicle by manually adding data with the Add Single Vehicle button.
- Bulk Import business vehicles by uploading a .csv file with vehicle data.
We recommend that you use the Bulk Import option the first time you add vehicles to your account.
Adding Multiple Vehicles Using Bulk Import
Step 1: Navigate to the Vehicles Menu
- Select Vehicles from the left-hand menu.
- Click the Bulk upload button.
Step 2: Bulk Import Vehicle Data
- Click Download this linked template.
- Open the downloaded file and add your vehicle details to the template. Include the following:
- License Plate Number
- Country Code, i.e:
- US: United States
- CA: Canada
- Province or State, i.e:
- BC: British Columbia
- WA: Washington
- Optional: Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)
- Caution: If any data is entered into this field, it must match the format of a valid VIN number or else there will be an import error.
- Save the template as a .csv file.
- Click Browse and select your .csv file.
- Click Import Data to upload your vehicle data to the system.
Example - How to use the .csv template
- If the file is not in the correct .csv format the system will provide you with an error message and ask you to try again. We recommend using either Excel or Google Sheets to edit and save .csv files.
- Our system identifies vehicles by the unique combination of license plate and location code. If the same license plate/location is already attributed to a vehicle, a new Vehicle Profile will not be created and the old one will not be overwritten.
- Country and State/Province codes must be imported in ISO Alpha-2 format. ISO Alpha-2 codes are a two-character value (i.e. CA, US, BC, WA). There must not be any leading or trailing spaces.
Step 3: Check Your Inbox for an Import Confirmation Email
After you have bulk imported your vehicle data, you will receive an email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If there are no errors, the email will say Import Succeeded.
- If there are errors, the email will say Import Failed, and there will be an attachment with details on which entries failed.
Troubleshooting – Import Errors and File Formatting
How will I know if my import file had an error?
After importing the file, you will receive an error email message that identifies the row with the error. If there were no errors, you will receive an email notifying you that the import was successful.
What happens after an error?
If a row has an error in any field, that row will be skipped. No Vehicle Profile will be created for that row. The remaining rows will still be imported.
I fixed the errors in my .csv file, now what should I do?
Does it matter what program I use to edit my .csv file?
We recommend using either Excel or Google Sheets to edit and save .csv files. Files edited with a text editor rather than Excel or Google Sheets are the most common reason errors occur.
ISO country codes
The table below shows some common errors related to country codes.
|Incompatible ISO Code||Corrected ISO Code||Error Type|
|CAN BC||CA BC||
Codes must be a valid ISO Alpha-2 code.
Codes must include a State/Province code.
|U.S. WA||US WA||
Codes must only contain 2 alphabetical characters.
Blue values represent country codes.
Red values represent Canadian Province codes.
Green values represent US State codes.
- Vehicle Profiles can have a US country code + any valid US State code.
- Vehicle Profiles can have a CA country code + any valid Canadian Province code.
- If any rows of vehicle data in the import file have a vehicle country code that is not CA or US, that row of data will generate an error.
.CSV file names and formatting
- In file names DO use:
- Upper and lower case letters
- Underscores and hyphens
- In file names DON’T use:
- Special characters
- The maximum length for file names is 250 characters.
- The import file must be saved in .csv format.
Examples - .csv filenames
|Incompatible Filename||Corrected Filename||Error Type|
Filenames cannot contain spaces.
Filenames cannot contain special characters.
Files must have the extension .csv