Drivers play an integral role in any corporate fleet experience. As a fleet manager, you can manage and authorize your drivers to use a business payment method to park work vehicles.
Once your drivers are added to the account, they can manage their own list of vehicles in the PayByPhone parking app. They can add or delete vehicles from their app at any time.
- Add Single Driver: manually add data with the Add Driver
- Bulk Import Drivers: upload a .csv file with driver data
Step 1: Navigate to the Driver menu
- Select Drivers from the left-hand menu.
Next, click the Bulk Upload button if this is the first time you are adding vehicles.
Step 2: Bulk Upload
- Click the Download this template
- Add your driver details to the template (check that the data format is correct)
- Driver's first/last name
- Driver email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number country code:
- 33: France
- 44: United Kingdom
- 1: United States of America
- 1: Canada
- Phone number: (i.e. 10-digit phone number in UK, 9-digits in France)
- Save the template as a .csv file (comma-separated values)
- Click Browse and select the .csv file
- Click Import Data to upload your driver data to the system
- If the file is not in the correct .csv format, the system will provide you with an error to try again. Make sure the file is in the correct format before trying again.
- E164 phone number format is the international standard that includes [+] [country code] [subscriber number including area code]
- UK country code: 44
- Subscriber number: 7400123456
Example of how to fill out .csv template:
Step 4: Driver Upload Confirmation
After you have bulk imported your driver data, you will receive an email confirmation from email@example.com. If there are no errors, the email subject is “Import Succeeded”.
Note: the import will only import new entries. If a driver already exists in the system, it will not overwrite or add the driver as a duplicate.
If there are errors, the email subject is “Import Failed” and there will be an attachment with details on which entries failed.
Step 5: Activating your Drivers
To activate your drivers, please contact your PayByPhone account manager to help. PayByPhone will activate your driver to the approved business payment method on your account.
Once your drivers are activated, they can begin parking and paying for business-approved vehicles. Please refer to the Driver Invite Experience tips on how they can start with the PaybyPhone parking app.