Once you are set up with a PayByPhone Business account, you can begin uploading vehicles so your drivers can park using the PayByPhone parking app.
- Bulk Import Business Vehicles: upload a .csv file with vehicle data
- Add Single Business Vehicle: manually add data with the Add Vehicle
Step 1: Navigate to the Vehicles
- Select Vehicles from the menu to the left.
Next, click the Bulk upload button if this is the first time you are adding vehicles.
Step 2: Bulk Upload
- Click the Download this template and input your vehicle data to this template:
- License Plate (US), Immatriculation (FR), or a Vehicle Registration Number (UK)
- Country Code
- FR: France
- GB: United Kingdom
- US: United States of America
- CA: Canada
- Province or State
- BC: British Columbia
- WA: Washington
- Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): Optional
- If data is entered into the field, it must match the format of a VIN number, or there will be an error on the upload
- Save the template as a .csv file (comma-separated values)
- Click Browse and select the .csv file
- Click Import Data to upload your vehicle data to the system
- If the file is not in the correct .csv format, the system will provide you with an error to try again. Make sure the file is in the correct format before trying again.
- The IS0-3166 fields are a two-character value (e.g. FR, GB, CA, US, BC, WA). There should not be any leading or trailing spaces.
- For UK vehicles, our system uses the GB country code.
Examples of how to fill out .csv template:
Step 3: Vehicle Upload Confirmation
After you have bulk imported your vehicle data, you will receive an email confirmation from firstname.lastname@example.org. If there are no errors, the email subject is “Import Succeeded”.
Note: the import will only import new entries. If a vehicle already exists in the system, it will not overwrite or add the vehicle as a duplicate.
If there are errors, the email subject is “Import Failed” and there will be an attachment with details on which entries failed.