Payment errors and issues associated with card verification can occur for any of the following reasons:
- The owner/manager of the parking area does not accept your specific payment card type at this time.
- Your payment card was added with incorrect information.
- Your banking institution and/or payment card provider asks that we do not honor your payment card.
- Your financial institution has determined your card has been compromised.
- Your Zip Code is incorrect (US parkers)
- Your Zip Code is from a region we do not operate in i.e. Mexico, Jamaica etc.
We recommend trying the following steps to see if the issue can be resolved:
- Try the payment on a different application i.e if you were using the website (paybyphone.com) try the PayByPhone mobile app iOS/Android. If you were using the mobile app (ios or Android) try the PayByPhone website. (m2.paybyphone.com)
- Delete and re-add the payment card again.
- Contact your banking institution to see if the transaction was blocked. Note that banks can block transactions without blocking your card - so it is possible you are able to transact with other companies.
If all else fails please create a support ticket through this link and our support team will be happy to investigate this further: https://support.paybyphone.com/hc/en-us/requests/new