PayByPhone payments can be refused for a number of reasons. In this article, we share troubleshooting steps to help ensure your payment is successful.
Trouble Shooting Checklist:
👉Re-input the payment details.
- Should you have a new expiration date, you must input the new card and then delete the expired one.
👉Try a different PayByPhone application. IVR: 1 888 680 7275 Mobile Web: m2.paybyphone.com
👉Ensure that you have installed and used the latest PayByPhone mobile app.
- Learn more through this link: Compatible Devices
👉Try a different form of payment
- Are you using a hybrid card? Some Visa/debit and Mastercard/debits are only accepted by some parking operators.
👉Contact your banking institution
- Check that the balance is okay
- Check if PayByPhone has been blocked
👉Delete the account and re-register. Or, ask a support member and we can do this on your behalf.
- Your financial institution can block transactions without blocking your car, so it is possible that you can transact with other companies but not with PayByPhone.
Payment errors and issues associated with card verification can occur due to the following most common reasons :
- Insufficient funds: you have insufficient funds in your bank balance or your card limit has been exceeded.
- Authorisation refused: this means that the authorization request has passed through the banking system but that it has been declined. This may be because your financial institution has determined your card compromised.
- Transaction type non-unauthorized on the card: this means that your bank does not authorize this type of transaction.
- Unavailable payment method by Parking Operator: the owner/manager of the parking area does not accept your specific payment card type at this time. For example, Apple or Google Pay.
- Incorrect payment information: your payment card was added with incorrect information.
- Payment Gateway issues: technical issues with our payment gateway require you to try again in a few hours or later.
- Network connection issues: there is a problem with the network connection (e.g. bad/no connection to the mobile network). Please try reconnecting to a different network.
The PayByPhone Support team can be reached through this link: https://paybyphone.ada.support/chat/