We have implemented a new procedure to make sure that your card information is secure. This will also remove the extra step when Parking with some Parking Authorities who require a user like yourself to have to enter your CVV code to authorize payment on each and every transaction.
The Process for any newly added cards will be that you will have to enter your CVV code when adding the card to your account and that is it. After we have authenticated with your bank that this is a valid card being added, that information (the CVV) will be erased from our database as per our high-level of PCI compliance (we do not store the CVV code for security reasons).
Here are the steps to expect:
- Open the App and got to your PayByPhone account menu.
- Go to the payment information option.
- Select the option to add a card to begin the process of adding your card to the account.
- You will add your regular credit card details but there will also be a line asking for your CVV code (the security code on the back of the card, on the front for AMEX).
- Once you have added the required details and hit the button to add the card to your account.
- Once the pre-auth for $0.00 comes back as positive your card is added to your payment options list.
- You can close the App at this point for later use, or make a payment if you are out on the street looking to pay for your parking.
Now you are all set, Happy Parking!