Why create a corporate account?
The Corporate Accounts program is useful for organizations with a fleet of vehicles and many employees. The program allows employees to use a single payment account, providing your company with easier management and better control of transportation-related costs.
How does my company register?
To register, an administrator creates a PayByPhone corporate account at Corporate Accounts
To sign up, you will need a credit card, list of license plates as well as a list of employees (name, phone number and email address).
See our article on how to setup a corporate account here
How do employees begin using the service?
Once each employee is set up, they can call the automated line (IVR) and input a location code, duration and select their vehicle from the list of plates. All users have access to all vehicles; during the first call, the user selects a license plate to park with.
Once this plate is selected, the system will default to the selected plate on all the subsequent calls. We send a welcome email to each user with some basic information; including a unique PIN.
The account administrator has access to reports that detail usage and break down activity by the user.
How do I change the default license plate or the credit card associated with my business transaction?
Here is how the drivers change plates when the incorrect plate number is being read back to them via the automated phone system (this is also how one changes back and forth between business and personal accounts when the incorrect card is being referred to at the point just before you authorize payment):
- Open phone, call the number for PayByPhone on the street meter or in the lot (off-street parking).
- Enter in the location number requested by the automated voice, and enter the time duration (minutes, hours whatever is asked for).
- Listen to the license plate being read off….if it is incorrect to follow the directions below.
Changing license plate in the IVR with a corporate account:
- You hear the incorrect plate number, so hit the number 2 on your phone for the menu options (not 1 to start the transaction, you are given this option to change information at the end of the transaction info and the Cvv code is requested, just hit the #2 and wait).
- The first option will be to change the license plate so press 1.
- You will then be asked to press 1 for personal or 2 for business (press 2).
- Next, you are given the option to choose from a list, or press *(star) to enter the shortcode. (press *star).
- It takes about 4 seconds after you press *star for the prompt to enter the shortcode, but you have to wait.
- Once entered it will read the license plate attached to the shortcode and the intended parking information.
- At this point, you can press 1 to start the transaction if the information is now correct, or if the license plate is incorrect you will have to contact your Admin for the corporate account to login and change the plate associated with the shortcode, then repeat the above.