Parking with a Registered Account:
* PayByPhone facilitates payment for parking and does not regulate the amount of time a user can park. PayByPhone adheres to parking restrictions as set out by the parking vendor (private, city or otherwise).
To start parking, from the home screen tap the PARK button.
Enter the PayByPhone location code located on the meter or signage or select a location from your Recents list.
Add or select a vehicle
Add or select a payment card (not necessary if using ApplePay)
If adding a payment card for the first time, you'll will be asked to enter your email address on the payment form to receive an email receipt with parking and payment confirmation.
Choose the payment card you want to use.
If you have multiple cards on your account, you can tap the downward arrow next to the credit card image to select a different card.
At anytime the user can tap the location, vehicle or cost information to jump back to edit those selections directly.
- Tapping the back button will return you to the Choose Duration page
- If you wish to change their location number, tapping the location tab will return you to Choose Location stage
- If you wish to change or add another vehicle, tapping the vehicle will prompt the vehicle overlay
- If you wish to change their length of stay, tapping the duration and cost field will return user to Choose Duration stage
Tap PAY & PARK to confirm payment and begin your session.
Parking with an Unregistered (Guest) Account:
As a Guest user you may still park using PayByPhone but no official account will be created for you. You'll still enjoy the ease and convenience of using PayByPhone to pay for parking but limitations such as the availability of historical transactions/receipts, custom notification and account settings will not be made available to you until you register a full account.
Guest user will not be able to access:
- Vehicle Management
- They can add vehicle from duration screen if vehicle is required for that parking location.
- They can switch between different vehicle from duration screen.
- They will not be able to edit or remove vehicles from their account.
- Payment Options
- They can only add a payment method or access their list of payment cards from the parking flow
- They will not be able to update or remove payment cards from their account
- Notification Settings
- Guest User will not be able to change their notification preferences for SMS reminders,receipt (UK) and Email receipt.
- Change Password
- Only registered or signed in users are allowed to change their password.
From the home screen tap PARK NOW
Enter the PayByPhone location code as indicated on the meter or sign and select the location
Choose the vehicle license plate you would like to park
Enter duration in minutes or hours (take note of any time restraints on the space), click NEXT
Review your Parking Details and ensure vehicle, location and time duration are accurate
Select Payment Method and tap CONFIRM PARKING. Wait for the payment to finish confirmation!
Once you successfully complete a parking transaction, the app will return to the main page and display remaining time. This time counts down by the second, giving you a real time view of how much time you have remaining, so you don’t need to keep thinking about when your parking expires.
Login to your account at https://m.paybyphone.com/park-now
Click the START NEW PARKING button
Select your vehicle and enter the location number as indicated on the PayByPhone sign near you, click Validate.
Next, enter your parking duration*, click CONTINUE.
* Please note that some lots and meters have a maximum stay allowed (2 hours, for example). These limitations are regulated by the private or public parking operator and not PayByPhone.
Confirm the location, vehicle, duration and payment are correct.
If you have multiple credit cards on your account, select the card you wish to process the payment.
Click PAY TO PARK to begin your parking session.
A confirmation screen will appear confirming that your payment has processed.
Revisit https://paybyphone.com/park-now to extend your active parking session before your time runs out.
Simply click the EXTEND button on your parking session, enter the duration and confirm!
1. Call the number posted on signage
Dial the PayByPhone service number displayed on parking meters and signs.
2. Respond to the prompts
Existing users will be prompted to enter the 4 or 5 digit location number, and parking time required. New users will be guided through a registration process.
3. Wait for your parking to be conﬁrmed
Once you have heard conﬁrmation that your parking has started you may leave your vehicle. Parking details will be sent to the handheld units the Parking Enforcement Officers patrol with.
4. Extend your parking anytime
Extend your parking at any time. Simply call the number you dialed in Step 1. Your account will be recognized and you will be given the option to extend your parking session or to start a new one.