In a short answer, no. Time cannot be transferred to another location and a new parking session should be started to avoid ticketing or towing by the Parking Authority when parking somewhere else.
If using the iOS App or Android App, follow the regular steps to creating a new parking session:
- Open the App and enter your new location number into the location number box.
- Choose a license plate or in the space/stall number (whichever is requested)
- Enter in the time duration (take note on this page the license plate details displayed are correct, if not you will need to touch the plate field and choose or enter in a new plate)
- Look over the review & confirm screen mindfully to make sure that the displayed information is correct before authorizing the payment.
- Authorize the payment if all is correct and wait for it to process before closing the App or screen locking your device. (either of the aforementioned actions can cancel the payment)
IVR (automated phone system) users can start a new parking session by calling the automated line:
- Wait for the prompt that asks you to Press * (star) for more options.
- The next prompt will be ‘To purchase other parking press 1'.
- Wait for the prompt then enter the location number to start your new parking session and follow the instructions to submit payment.
Note: In some instances, you are unable to stay at the same meter due to maximum stay limitations. If the next transaction is occurring on the same block and your previous session has exceeded the configured time allotment. You may have to move your vehicle to another location entirely (the next block for example).