1. I used the wrong plate, location code, payment card, or duration.
If you have parked under the wrong location, vehicle license plate, or parking space/stall, please start a new parking transaction with the correct details. If the error is not corrected, then the enforcement team may not be able to see your payment, leaving you vulnerable to a citation. Refunds are subject to the parking operator's customer service policies.
Note: There is no method of updating any aspect of the transaction once it has been confirmed.
2. I can’t log in to my account, help!
iOS/Android/Mobile Web (m2.paybyphone.com)
1. Click https://m2.paybyphone.com/forgot-password
2. Input your phone number and check the Re-captcha box to confirm you are not a robot. Click the 'Send Code' and a 4-digit verification code will be texted to you.
3. Input the verification code into the app/mobile web
4. Input your new password, confirm the new password, and then Click 'Reset Password'
5. A message will confirm that your password has been reset.
Note: Verification codes are only sent to registered account holders. If you do not receive a password reset link, it is possible you are transacting in guest mode or trying to reset using an old phone number.
Please try creating/registering a new account as we cannot verify if an account exists for security reasons.
IVR PIN updates can be done by dialing into the IVR from the phone number associated with your account, pressing zero, verifying your account via an SMS text, and then creating a new PIN.
3. I received a parking ticket but I paid for parking, what now?
Citation dispute information is normally included on the physical ticket.
Please contact the parking operator/authority to dispute your parking penalty. While PayByPhone processes your payments, enforcement and ticket adjudication are managed by the operator exclusively.
Need your parking receipts? Click here for instructions.
A list of our North American parking operators is available here
4. I require copies of my parking receipts, where do I find them?
Downloaded receipts are available for registered users, only. Guest account holders can opt-in for an email receipt at the point of purchase but cannot access historical records.
Click here for step-by-step instructions
Registered users: PayByPhone website
Login to your PayByPhone account at PayByPhone Receipts and click the Receipts button on the Transaction page.
By default, your account will show the 10 most recent parking transactions.
Under PARKING TRANSACTION HISTORY section, enter the From: and To: dates you require a record of (maximum 30 days at a time)
Click 'Save as PDF' or 'Save as CSV' to download parking history
5. Can I cancel my parking request?
There is no method of canceling or stopping an active parking session.
6. I need to request a refund, who do I contact?
A PayByPhone Support agent can provide you with:
- Refund policy - as mandated by the parking operator
- Instructions on how to access your parking transactions
- Reimbursement to the payment card on file should the reason meet the accepted criteria
Reimbursement will not be issued for unused parking time.
PayByPhone agents cannot edit your payment details once they have been confirmed, please pay careful attention to the final confirmation prompt.
7. I'd like to update my account.
We encourage you to explore all of your account options! You can easily make profile changes relating to license plate changes, country, payment type, and receipts notifications.
To make changes, please click on Menu>Account and then select from:
Country Settings: Update the country that you are parking at
Update the country you are parking in
My Vehicles: Make changes to your email receipt settings, and opt-in for feature updates.
Add a photo to your license plate, and Add/Remove a new car or motorcycle.
Payment Options: Add/Remove payment methods
Note: Payment options vary by parking organization. For example, you can add ApplePay to your account, however, it will only appear as an option at select locations.
Notifications & Privacy: Make changes to your email receipt settings, and opt-in for feature updates.
Security Settings: Update password. (iOS users can delete their accounts. Android & Web users, please contact support)
7. How can I tell if my payment has been processed?
Once your payment has been processed, the app will display a green confirmation screen with a checkmark that states: 'Payment Completed'.
Refresh the screen and a countdown clock will appear.
If you are transacting in guest mode and then subsequently log in to your registered account, you will be unable to view your active parking session. As such, we recommend signing into your registered account and opting into the emailed receipt option.
Note: Guest account users do not have access to their parking history.