FAQ Article: Issues with registering?
PayByPhone offers multiple methods for registration and account access.
If you can’t register with your phone number of email, we suggest trying the other registration and access options.
1. You can register a new account through our Apple or for certain regions Facebook sign in options.
2. If you’re in a rush, we recommend using our other options using our Guest option by clicking on ‘Continue without an account and register an account at a later time.
You can follow our Guest steps here.
FAQ Article: Issues with logging in?
When experiencing problems logging into the PayByPhone app, it may be due to several reasons.
You can begin by verifying your account credentials:
- Be mindful of any capital letters, spaces, and special characters in the password field.
- Confirm you have the correct international prefix included for your phone number.
- Try typing in your account credentials as third-party account password managers such as Last Pass will not work with the iOS and Android Apps.
- Recall how you previously logged in, as you may have previously transacted using an account that was based on your social or apple ID login and not your phone number. This means that there is a discrepancy when you try to login with a phone number that has not yet been added to your account.
If your username/password are correct but you still cannot login:
- Check your Internet connection to verify internet access.
- Check on https://status.paybyphone.com/if PayByPhone services are currently down. If this is the case, wait and try logging in again later.
- If using a mobile app:
- Ensure that you have installed and used the latest PayByPhone mobile app. You can check for the latest versions of the mobile app on the Apple Appstore and Google Play store.
- Try turning your phone off and then on again or re-install the mobile app.
- If your mobile app isn’t working in the moment and you’re in a rush, you can also use the PayByPhone website to pay for parking from your device’s internet browser.
You can also reset your password which includes an account verification code sent either via SMS and/or email depending on your region. There is a 30-minute reply time from when the verification code is sent, so please allow enough time. You can easily request a password reset code on your web browser or through the app by following the instructions here.
Please note: Verification codes are only sent to registered account holders. If you do not receive a password reset link, it is possible you are transacting in guest mode, using a social login, or trying to reset using an old phone number. Please try creating/registering for a new account as we cannot verify if an account already exists for security reasons.
FAQ Article: How to Park without an Account in Guest Mode
You can park with PayByPhone without an account (i.e. no password) using the Guest Mode.
Parking without an Account
- On the home screen of the PayByPhone app, to use guest mode, by clicking on Continue without an Account.
- From there you can enter a location number or use our map/nearby parking feature to identify your location.
- You will then be prompted to enter your vehicle registration number by selecting Add Vehicle.
- You will then be asked to enter your desired length of stay.
- Net, you will be asked to enter your phone number so we can send you any relevant reminders or receipts.
- Your email address is required for email receipts and service notifications.
- Click Add Card to add your payment details.
- After reviewing your parking transaction summary, to confirm and start your session press Pay & Park.
The system will generate a guest receipt. Users will need to rely on emailed receipts for anything relating to ticket disputes and end-of-year tax submissions.
Note You cannot convert or move guest transactions to an existing PayByPhone account (mobile phone) number. Only customers with a registered account can access historical receipts online.
If you transact in Guest mode and close the app, you may not see the countdown clock when you relaunch the app (this is device specific). Be careful: this doesn't mean the session didn't start! We are advising customers to pay close attention to the following transaction confirmation screen. If you sign into your regular registered account after transacting as a guest, the session will not be displayed. You can also review your guest receipt to check if the payment was processed.
In the case of duplications, refund policies will vary by the parking provider. Please click here for further information on refund policies
Each platform will give you the option to Sign in, Register, or Continue without an Account. A notification appears alerting customers when you are using the Guest mode.