PayByPhone payments can be refused for a number of reasons. In this article, we share troubleshooting steps to help ensure your payment is successful.
Trouble Shooting Checklist:
👉Re-input the payment details.
👉Try a different PayByPhone application:
|0330 400 7275|
|Dial the PayByPhone service number displayed on parking meters and signs.|
👉Ensure that you have installed and used the latest PayByPhone mobile app.
👉Try a different form of payment
👉Contact your banking institution
- Check that the balance is okay
- Check if PayByPhone has been blocked
- Your financial institution can block transactions without blocking your car, so it is possible that you can transact with other companies but not with PayByPhone.
- UK: Strong Authentication may be enabled on your card: Click here.
Payment errors and issues associated with card verification can occur due to the following most common reasons :
- Insufficient funds: you have insufficient funds in your bank balance or your card limit has been exceeded.
- Authorisation refused: this means that the authorization request has passed through the banking system but that it has been declined. This may be because your financial institution has determined your card compromised.
- Transaction type non-unauthorized on the card: this means that your bank does not authorize this type of transaction.
- Unavailable payment method by Parking Operator: the owner/manager of the parking area does not accept your specific payment card type at this time. For example, Apple or Google Pay.
- Incorrect payment information: your payment card was added with incorrect information.
- Payment Gateway issues: technical issues with our payment gateway require you to try again in a few hours or later.
- Network connection issues: there is a problem with the network connection (e.g. bad/no connection to the mobile network). Please try reconnecting to a different network.
- Failed authentication (UK): this means that the strong authentication (via SMS or from your banking application) was not completed correctly.
If you continue to have problems with the payment, please contact our customer support so that we can investigate your problem further. Here is a link to our virtual assistant.
💡 How to activate strong authentication on your bank card?
If your payments are refused, it is possible that Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) is not activated on your card. Please check this setting and try your payment again once activated:
If your bank does not appear on this list, please contact us via our virtual assistant, so we can send you the procedure.